Are you ready for the best job of your life?
Then you have come to the right place! Staunton-Augusta Rescue Squad periodically seeks responsible, dependable ALS & BLS providers who interact well with the public, volunteers, and co-workers. Candidates must have the ability to deal with patients and their families in a professional, courteous, compassionate manner under extremely stressful conditions and follow established rules, procedures, and protocols. Testing for a position is required.
Requirements for Employment:
- All applicants must have pre-hospital experience as at least an EMT-Basic for one year.
- BLS applicants must have a minimum certification of Virginia EMT-Basic, CPR for Healthcare Providers, and EVOC Class II
- ALS applicants must have a minimum certification of Virginia EMT-Enhanced/Intermediate/Paramedic, CPR for Healthcare Providers, and EVOC Class II
- All applicants are required to turn in a clean driving record, and submit a finger print card to be sent to the Virginia Office of EMS for a criminal history background
- Minimum Education – High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum age – 19 years of age
- Current Certification in Virginia EMT-B, AEMT, EMT-I, EMT-P
- Current Certification in EVOC minimum Class II or VDFP certification in emergency vehicle operation
- Current Certification in AHA CPR
- Acceptable Driving Record from DMV (DMV transcript on file)
- Acceptable Driving Record letter from VFIS (insurance) annual MVR form
- Acceptable criminal history by Virginia State OEMS Standards after Finger Print Review
- Mandatory drug screen within 3 days of employment and random testing done
- Ability to flex hours as needed for call volumes and to meet schedule needs
- Computer Skills to enter patient care data into the Patient care reports
- Must be able to lift and manage stretchers and equipment of at least 75 pounds
- Physical ability to handle patients, ambulatory ability to move to and from vehicle and medical facilities
- Must be able to climb stairs, bend, and have the flexibility needed to care for patients using good body mechanics
- Maintain good health. Encouraged to be involved with a health maintenance program
- Ability to work weekends, 12 hour shifts, night and day shifts, and Holidays
- Computer capabilities to work on self schedule
- Flexibility in scheduling for switching schedule if need arises
How do I apply?
- Please do not submit a resumé/cover letter if the hiring indicator above states we are not currently hiring
- If we are currently hiring, please send your resume and cover letter to Kim Craig at our mailing address (1601 N. Coalter St. Staunton, VA 24401) or you may email it to Kim Craig.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please Contact Us with any questions!