You Don’t need Special Powers to be a Hero..
You Need… COURAGE, KINDNESS, COMPASSION
Volunteer with Staunton-Augusta County Rescue Squad and
YOU can be an everyday HERO
Then you have come to the right place! Staunton-Augusta Rescue Squad periodically seeks responsible, dependable ALS & BLS providers who interact well with the public, volunteers, and co-workers. Candidates must have the ability to deal with patients and their families in a professional, courteous, compassionate manner under extremely stressful conditions and follow established rules, procedures, and protocols.
Requirements to become a Volunteer:
- Minimum age – 16 years of age
- Acceptable Driving Record from DMV (DMV transcript on file)
- Acceptable Driving Record letter from VFIS (insurance) annual MVR form
- Acceptable criminal history by Virginia State OEMS Standards after Finger Print Review which will need to be schedule through Field Print Virginia.
- Mandatory drug screen and random testing done
- Ability to flex hours as needed for call volumes and to meet schedule needs
- Computer Skills to enter patient care data into the Patient care reports
- Must be able to lift and manage stretchers and equipment of at least 75 pounds
- Physical ability to handle patients, ambulatory ability to move to and from vehicle and medical facilities
- Must be able to climb stairs, bend, and have the flexibility needed to care for patients using good body mechanics
- Maintain good health. Encouraged to be involved with a health maintenance program
- Ability to schedule for weekends, 12 hour shifts, night and day shifts, and Holidays
- Computer capabilities to work on self schedule
- Flexibility in scheduling for switching schedule if need arises
How do I apply?
Complete an application form – go to tab “Join Now” to become a member of the Senior squad, Junior squad 16-19 years of age, and Auxiliary
Give three reference forms to people who are familiar with your character, values and ability to volunteer.
Complete the driving record request letter and take it to DMV. They will give you a copy of your driving transcript to submit with application.
All potential new members are required to have finger prints done and in their personnel file. Appointments for finger prints must be scheduled. Steps are: 1) Go to the website http://fieldprintvirginia.com 2) Click on schedule an appointment 3) Enter email address under “new users/sign up” and click “sign up” Follow the instructions for creating a password and security question then click “sign up and continue”. 4) Enter field print code for non-certified as FPV999NC and for a certified provider enter code FPV1041C. 5) Enter the contact and demographic information required by the FBI and schedule a fingerprint appointment at the location of your choosing. 6) The VOEMS agency License number is 0423 which will be asked for on the next screen.
Once the membership committee has received your application, driving transcript and finger print results, you will be contacted for an interview. If you are a junior applicant, you will need to have a parent or guardian attend the interview with you.
Please contact Angela Kuremsky, Membership Committee Chair if you have any questions: email@example.com. You may also contact Marsha Graham, Administrative Assistant by calling the squad building at 540-885-3444 or contact by email firstname.lastname@example.org